This error code 30159 in QuickBooks transpires when there is a problem in the verification of account status. When an employee’s Employer Identification Number gets deactivated and it is not updated on the software, this error code can emerge. The EIN is used by federal agencies to detect the existence of a business. This identification number is required while filling out federal tax forms and also during submission of the forms. So when this number gets deactivate it gives rise to the certain complication hence witnessing the appearance of error 30159. So the solution for this problem would be to activate the EIN in QuickBooks. And to teach you how to do that, this blog has all the steps listed below. So if you are curious to know how to activate the Employer’s Identification Number, you can take this blog as a reference. But if you are bent on receiving the information through remote assistance, you can contact QuickBooks customer support number.
You can activate your EIN in QuickBooks by adding a new one which will allow you to access all features without having to run into any of the errors mentioned above. So to activate your EIN in QuickBooks, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the employee’s option and open it.
- Under ‘employees’ click on payroll and choose the ‘use my existing payroll service’.
- When the ‘accountant maintenance’ window pops up click on the ‘add file’ button.
- Mark the ‘add to subscription number xx accountant’ option.
- Now advance to the next step by clicking the ‘next’ button.
- Read and review all the information listed and click ‘return to QuickBooks’.
After you are done adding the number, the next step would be to verify it. And to verify the number, you need to:
- Go to the same ‘employee’ option and now you need to select ‘my payroll service’.
- After that, select the ‘manage service keys’ button and click on ‘view’. You need to look for an ‘active’ status near or beside the service key. If you see it, it means that the number has been verified. >
These are the steps you need to activate and verify your EIN in order to get rid of the error code 30159 problem in QuickBooks. If you come across any technicalities while executing the steps, you can call QuickBooks technical support number to avail the services of professional and experienced technicians.