QuickBooks is a very reliable tool that has made its way into the lives of many people, mostly accountants, and businessmen. The cloud-based software program has made it possible for the users to conduct accounting tasks from anywhere at any time. It is also a very user-friendly software so it does not take long for people to get acquainted with the workings of the software. Overall, it is a very resourceful and accurate accounting program. But with the course of time, people have started to notice certain errors with this software, the most common error being the 3371 error code. This error manifests when the user is trying to run their QuickBooks software after reconfiguring it. So if you want to know how you can resolve this error in your QuickBooks desktop, then keep this blog as your reference article as it consists of a tutorial containing the steps that are needed to fix QuickBooks error 3371.
The reason behind the manifestation of this error is because of some defect or damage in the license information that happens when you reconfigure the system. When you do this, the process sometimes goes haywire and causes the initial or start-up information to become unfamiliar by QuickBooks. And to fix this error effectively, you are required to perform the steps explained below.
- Firstly, you must launch the Run command window by pressing the windows key and R together on your keyboard.
- And when the Run window appears on the screen, type in these words ‘C:ProgramDataintuitentitlement Clientv8. And after you have entered it, click ‘ok’ to open Windows Explorer.
- After you are done with that, you must search for the ‘ecml’ file and delete it.
- Lastly, exit the window and initiate a re-run of QuickBooks.
- Remember to register the product again as it is a required and necessary process.
Execute the steps mentioned above if you want to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 3371 permanently. This method has proven to be very effective while handling this error so perform the steps carefully and meticulously. If you miss out on even one single step then you might be required to perform the entire process over again. If you run into any additional problems or errors you can contact QuickBooks tech support to avail help from experienced and qualified executives who have been certified by QuickBooks to handle problems.