The Gmail signature, adds an additional attraction to your emails and makes them highly professional. When you send someone an email with such a thing at the bottom, the trust towards your business goes to the next level. You can add a logo, images, and the link along with too. All these things make your emails somehow belonging to the corporate world. Gmail has launched the Gmail for business, and if you are using it, you should never avoid the importance of the signature.
But, sometimes, you may get the error Gmail Signature too long. Therefore, it’s good for you to know how to fix this error without having any trouble.
It may appear to you when you add more than 1000 characters in it. Whether you are using the HTML box, or the Text box to create it, the Google mail consider both of them equally. Therefore, it’s always important to take care of the character limitation.
This limitation is just for stopping the misuse of free space. Some users use that box to add more and more information about their business. Doing it with the free email service wastes lots of space.
You can do so with the help of Gimm.io. Follow these steps.
- Open the Gimm.io.
- Do the login there.
- After that, paste the signature at the asked place, and then, preview it by clicking the “Check signature size”.
There’s another way also to create it. To do so, just change it into the text format, and paste it to any text editor. These you may easily count the character.
How To Fix The Character Limit
There are some ways that you may use for this purpose. You just need to follow them very carefully.
- Don’t use the unnecessary HTML codes, not all code in HTML may be equally important. You can remove some of them, and they may never affect you.
- If you know the shorten the HTML code, it may be very great for you. If you don’t know what the minification of the HTML code is, then let me tell you that it’s the way to shorten any larger HTML code. You can write the longer code, but one who knows the minification may wrap it in a shorter format.
- If you are using the link, it’s good to use the shortened link. There are many free and premium apps that you may use for the purpose.
- Never use any disclaimer.
If you are still getting these things hard to do, then, ask the Gmail customer support to help you with it.